Teams of two are invited to participate in Forge Wars! Meet behind the Award Hall on Saturday, March 29th at 8:00 p.m. CDT.
- This event is for teams of two.
- Each team must have GM or better blacksmithy and mining. These two skills may be on separate players, though, of course, it is better to have both skills on one person.
- The first half-hour will be for registration. Please bring a book with the team members’ names on the first page, blacksmith first.
- All participants must be naked, except for jewelry.
- You may bring one weapon of your choice, which must be equipped rather than in your backpack.
- All participants must have empty backpacks, except for spellbooks (magery, paladin, necromancy, spellweaving, samurai, ninja, and/or mystic). Try to keep this limited to what you’ll actually need, since we’ll have to check them.
- Participants are not permitted to bring or summon pets. However, you may cast EVs, demons, vampire bats, etc.
- Participants are not permitted to use mounts (including ethereals).
- The blacksmith will be given smith hammers. Please do not bring special or expensive hammers of your own.
- The fighter will be given bandages.
- Upon request, reagents, necro reagents, arrows, and/or bolts will be provided to those who plan to use the related skills.
Two teams will compete against each other at a time, with the winning team moving on to the next round.
Each team will be brought into the enclosed area and elementals will appear. One teammate will fight the elemental and gather the ore from the corpse. S/he will bring the ore to the blacksmith. Whichever of them has mining skill will smelt it down. When the fighter enters the smithing enclosure, a new elemental will spawn in the fighting area.
The blacksmith will craft a suit of platemail. The platemail does not need to be exceptional. When the suit is completed, the blacksmith will say “DONE” in chat. An EM will go to the blacksmith, who must then give the completed platemail suit to the EM.
Thanks to EM Crysania for advice on this event.